Thursday, October 16, 2008

Order/mess

























I am fascinated with the notion of some sort of order underlying all mess/chaos. My fascination probably stems from wanting to believe a kind of logic exists that is able to make sense of even the most incomprehensible glut of matter. I suppose there is romance in the notion, and I'm not opposed to heady ideas from which one never returns, BUT in my studio, it's really just a problem to be solved. (OK, that is a LITTLE simplistic I know, there is a lot more in play, so I promise to return here when my head isn't a muddled mess from a full day of teaching.)

I work on the problem in the studio but also when I'm away naturally--in looking over the piles of cars/trucks/motor vehicles perpetually dotting my house for instance. Endlessly helpful.

No comments: