Friday, October 23, 2009

In progress


I'm spending today on a green collage begun in North Carolina.  In the two days I've worked on it here, my notion of just what this image will be has changed at least three times.  I'm at a particularly tough spot right now, so I decided to take a walk down to the main house to grab some lunch and clear my head.  On the way down, I rather formerly acknowledged to myself that the work I will do this afternoon will most likely be scrapped by tomorrow (parts of it at least).  I know no other way to move through this cantankerous part of the image; I've just got to move forward doing what I think is best until I am shown otherwise.  It's nice to actually just feel calm about the fact that this afternoon's work will very likely be re-worked tomorrow. 

2 comments:

Ellen Campbell said...

So you live and work in the same place?

Barbara Campbell Thomas said...

Yes, my little bedroom is above the studio....