Thursday, December 11, 2008

52 actions (at home) is a list of mundane and often sense-heightening activities conducted at home. I began compiling the list several months ago, with no real direction as to what the list would accomplish save sating my curiosity. What would a day look like if reduced to a straightforward list of written actions?

On some level, I think of my paintings/collages/drawings as a list of actions--a list of actions analogous to actual movements of my limbs, my body. My relationship to the history of painting and drawing and, in general, two-dimensional image-making is complicated by the fact that I do not relish (first and foremost) the potentials in pictorial illusion. I relish the possibilities of the expanse--

1. as performative ground
2. as probable infinite

No comments: