Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Teaching, teaching, teaching






Yesterday was the first day of crits for a Variable Topics in Drawing Project--a 300 level drawing class I teach at least once a year.  My students have worked on these mid to large sized collages for over a month at least, and they've done a wonderful job translating the still-life they set up into various interpretations of reality.  I asked them to think about how one might present multiple views of any given view of reality, and they embraced the challenge with gusto!

From the top: work by Marilyn Barr, Elizabeth Weiland, Sara Phillips, Scottie Bottenus, Ashley Jones and Ivana Beck.

Oh, I should say that these are all about 4'x5' in dimension.

3 comments:

suzanne cabrera said...

Very nice work Barbara!!!!

Ellen Campbell said...

Wow! I am impressed! Good work...

Garima said...

Oh these are so beautiful... I am sure all of you had a blast in class!!